WIC More Info
Who is eligible for WIC? If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent or other legal guardian of a child under 5, you can apply for WIC for your child. You can participate in WIC if you:
- Live in Connecticut (WIC does not require proof of citizenship or alien status and participation in WIC will not affect your immigration or naturalization status).
- Have a child under the age of 5
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Are considered to be at nutritional risk; WIC uses 2 broad categories of risk (medical and diet based)
- Have a family income less than WIC Income Guidelines
- Those receiving HUSKY A, C and D health care or SNAP are automatically eligible for WIC
What does WIC offer? WIC offers access to many free resources for our clients including nutrition consultation, healthy food, breastfeeding education and support, and much more.
- Free, personalized nutrition consultations
- Free, healthy food
- Breastfeeding education and support
- WIC Shopper App
- Referrals to other services that can benefit the whole family, such as medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, play groups, and basic needs
How do I apply for WIC?
To apply for WIC, call the Meriden WIC Program at(203) 630-4245. We we also take walk-ins 165 Miller Street, Meriden, CT. Or you can reach out to the Middletown WIC Program, 8 Crescent Street, Middletown, CT (860) 358-4070