View or Pay Your Taxes/Utility Bill Online
REMINDER- JULY 2020 REAL ESTATE, MOTOR VEHICLE AND PERSONAL PROPERTY TAX BILLS ARE DUE BY AUGUST 3, 2020
***Per Governors Executive Order 7S & 7W, the City of Meriden adopted the Low Interest Rate Program. July taxes paid after August 3rd 2020, through September 30th 2020, will accrue interest at 3% per annum (.25% per month) from the due date of July 1, 2020. Payments made after September 30, 2020 will revert back to the statutory interest rate of 18% per annum (1.5% per month) with a minimum charge of $2.00.
Taxes held in escrow are not eligible for the Low Interest Rate Program.
Land Lords must offer commensurate forbearance to tenants upon their request in order to be eligible for the Low Interest Rate Program.
TAXPAYERS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS TEMPORARY LOW INTEREST RATE PROGRAM.
City Hall has restricted access due to the current emergency. Please mail your payment, pay online, or use the drop slot located outside the Tax Collector's office. Please use the East Main Street entrance by the flagpole.
******IMPORTANT NOTICE ON MOTOR VEHICLE TAXES*******
If you have accessed this site to pay delinquent motor vehicle taxes AND you need CT DMV clearance for vehicle registration, be aware that all payments made online will take 10-12 days to process and clear CT DMV.
Note that payments made in person at the Tax Office by 4 pm with cash or money order will be cleared the next day.
ALL outstanding vehicle taxes associated with your name and/or VIN#, including taxes not yet delinquent, must be paid in full in order for a release to be issued.
The City offers residents and businesses the option to pay tax and utility bills online.
Online payment options include:
- E-check - use of an electronic check (e-check) drawn from a checking account will incur a flat fee of 95 cents. A fee of $20.00 will be charged for any electronic check payment that is returned for any reason. This fee cannot be waived.
- Tax Payments using a charge/debit card - there is a convenience fee of 2.95% of the payment amount. The City receives only your bill payment amount. *Convenience fees are set by the payment processing company and cover various administrative costs associated with accepting payments and are non-refundable.
- Water/Sewer payments by credit card - there is a fee of $6.95 for amounts up to $400. Bills over $400 require multiple transactions.
|CLICK HERE to access the City of Meriden Tax and Utility Online Payment Portal|
* The convenience fee amount is automatically calculated and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing. Convenience fees will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your bank or credit card statement.
- The link above defaults to tax bills. To view or pay your tax bill enter the required information that appears on the screen.
- To pay your Water or Sewer bill click on Water/Sewer/Misc located in the blue bar.
- Enter your Unique ID which is the six (6) digit "Bill #" located on your quarterly bill.
- Click "Search" and a listing of your bills will appear.
- Click on the box on the right of the bill you wish to pay. Once you have selected the bill(s) for payment click on the yellow box under "Shopping Cart" in the top right corner of the page and click "Checkout".
Please read the terms and conditions prior to completing the payment process.