Fire Stations

Fire Station Locations and areas they primarily serve:

 Engine Company 1 - 168 Chamberlain Hwy
Formally located on Butler St. at Hanover, Station 1 was moved to its current location in 1979. Station 1 covers a large section of South Meriden as well as the City's west side residents and businesses.
 
 Engine Company 2 and Truck 1 - 61 Pratt Street
Formerly the department's main headquarters, this fire house built in 1962, responds to the City's downtown area and provides rescue and support services to the entire City.
 
 Engine Company 3 / Headquarters - 561 Broad Street
Parker Hose Engine Company 3 has been serving the uptown and southeast areas of the City since 1869. The company moved into the current station in 1889 and provided continuing service there since. Station 3 underwent renovations in 1996, adding a new engine house and creating new space for the department's headquarters.
 
 Engine Company 4 - 260 Sherman Avenue
Established as the Wilcox Hose Company, Station 4 was located at Colony and Britannia. The current station was opened in 1984, and is tasked with protecting the north end and the northeast corner of the City.
 
 Engine Company 5 - 1075 East Main Street
Built in 1968 in response to residential and business growth in Meriden's east side, this station serves much of today's area highway system along with the easternmost Meriden locales. Station 5 also houses the regional component of the Hazardous Materials Team, as well as the Fire Investigations Unit. 
 
 South Meriden Volunteer Dept - 31 Camp Street, South Meriden
South Meriden is very fortunate to have volunteer professionals who have undergone much of the same rigorous training as the City's paid fire department personnel.  These volunteers assist in serving the South Meriden area and offer support whenever necessary throughout many other sections of the City.