Hours: Mondays through Friday, 8:15am to 4:00pm. Appointments preferred, but walk in's are welcome. Note there may be a wait.
Email: Michelle Barberino, Public Health Clinic Coordinator, email@example.com
- Adult vaccinations
- Bike helmets are available for sale - $10.00 each.
- Child vaccinations - free to children from birth through completion of high school
- Childhood blood lead screening and management
- Health information
- Health screenings - total cholesterol and blood pressure
- Asthma Education Program
- Seasonal flu shots for both adults and children
- Tuberculin skin testing (PPD test) and reading (must be read within 48-72 hours)
- W.I.C. certifications - height, weight, hemoglobin and lead (as needed) for children up to 5 years of age
Insurance: As of December 2017 we accept HUSKY, Connecticare, Medicare, Medicaid, and Cigna insurances. Please bring your insurance card to your appointment. For current fees for those whose insurances we don't accept at this time, please click here. If you have any questions please call our Clinic at 203-630-4234.
Communicable Disease Follow Up: A core function of a health department is to prevent disease. Our Clinic office is responsible for investigating and following up on communicable diseases, such as tuberculosis, hepatitis, and food borne illnesses such as salmonella or campylobacter. State law requires area physicians, hospitals, and laboratories to report selected diseases to local health departments. Our public health nurses then investigate the extent of these illnesses and apply control measures when necessary. This process involves interviewing the affected persons and, in some cases, friends and family members.