Contacts: Tammy Kudla, JAD Coordinator - 203-639-5058 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jazmynn Jakubczyk, Youth and Family Program Assistant - 203-630-4239 or email@example.com
Looking for community resources? Check out Meriden Community Connections!
About Youth Services:
The Youth Services office provides programs, activities and services that promote both a positive, healthy community and develop healthy, capable young people and families. Our programming is geared towards adolescents between the ages of 12 and 18.
We are a member of the Connecticut Youth Services Association, which is charged with centrally coordinating the comprehensive delivery of services and advocacy for youth and their families. Our main source of funding for programming is the Youth Service Bureau grant from the Department of Children and Families.
We strive to offer programming based on 40 Developmental Assets for Adolescents, developed by the Search Institute to be the building blocks of healthy development that help young people grow up healthy, caring, and responsible.
- Youth Services Mini-Grants - offered twice per year!
- Kindness Day Event - January 13, 2020
- Babysitting Class - February 18, 2020
- Juvenile Assistance and Diversion Board (JAD): The Juvenile Assistance and Diversion Board, more commonly known as JAD, aims to divert first time juvenile offenders from entering the court system while offering meaningful non-judicial alternatives to the courts. A Board, made up of dedicated community members, meet twice per month and include representatives from the Police Department, Board of Education, Department of Children and Families, Superior Court for Juvenile Matters, and local community organizations. JAD follows the Connecticut Youth Services Association Best Practices delivery model. Click on the video below to learn more about why diversion works.
- Project Graduation support
- Daddy and Me game night co-sponsor
- Presentations on vaping and other health issues facing Meriden's youth
Click here for our 2017 Summer Youth Employment report. This program is now overseen by the Meriden YMCA.