COVID-19 (Coronavirus) INFORMATION FOR MERIDEN RESIDENTS
Last updated: 3/26/2020, 3:30 p.m.
The City of Meriden and the Meriden Health Department are closely monitoring the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. This page contains the latest information and guidance for Meriden residents and businesses. This is a rapidly evolving situation, and we will work to provide you updates specific to the City of Meriden as quickly as possible.
If you need to call E-911 Emergency Services for emergency medical treatment, please disclose any flu-like symptoms to the dispatcher. This will allow our first-responders to prepare accordingly.
If you feel sick, call your doctor or the Hartford Healthcare Hotline toll free at 1-833-621-0600.
MERIDEN RESOURCES AND NOTICES:
- Connecticut Recovery Bridge Program ( posted 3/26/2020)
- New Opportunities Hours of Operations (posted 3/25/2020)
- City Economic Development: Small Business Loan Resources (COVID-19) (Posted 03/25/2020)
- NOTICE: While City hall is closed to the public, the convenience fee for tax payments made on the City website by electronic check will be temporarily paid by the City. Fees for credit card payments still apply (posted 3/24/20).
- Emergency Order Prohibiting Recreational and Social Gatherings over 10 people (posted 03/20/2020)
- The Presidential Preference Primary Statement (posted 03/20/2020)
- NOTICE: Meriden Guidelines for take-out delivery (posted 3/21/2020)
- NOTICE FROM PUBLIC UTILITIES (posted 3/18/20)
- City Council Discussion of COVID-19 at 3/16/20 Council Meeting (posted 3/17/20)
- WARNING: Fire Marshal warns against mixing household chemicals to make sanitizing products (posted 3/16/2020)
- NOTICE: Meriden Business Owners - Informational Resources (posted 3/16/2020)
- PRESS RELEASE: New directives from the Governor's Office (posted 3/16/2020)
- NOTICE: Senior Center closing March 18, 2020 (limited services still available - click to read)
- Salvation Army COVID-19 Response
- Meriden Public Library COVID-19 Resources
- Governor Lamont COVID-19 FAQs (3/19/2020)
- COVID-19 FAQs (posted 3/17/2020)
- What to do if you are sick
- How to talk to your child about COVID-19
- Hartford HealthCare COVID-19 Site
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Overview
- US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 Home page
- CT Department of Public Health COVID-19 Home Page
- Johns Hopkins Medical Center Coronavirus World Map