Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)


What is WIC? WIC is a health and nutrition program that provides nutrition and health education, healthy foods, breastfeeding support and referrals to other services free of charge to Connecticut families who qualify. Our goal is to keep pregnant women, postpartum women, and breastfeeding women, and their children up to the age of 5 healthy.

                                      To apply for WIC, call the Meriden WIC Program - we also take walk-ins!

                                         Meriden WIC - 165 Miller Street, Meriden, CT  (203) 630-4245

                             Middletown WIC Program - 8 Crescent Street, Middletown, CT  (860) 358-4070

Who is eligible for WIC? If you are a father, mother, grandparent, foster parent or other legal guardian of a child under 5, you can apply for WIC for your child. You can participate in WIC if you:

  • Live in Connecticut (WIC does not require proof of citizenship or alien status and participation in WIC will not affect your immigration or naturalization status).
  • Have a child under the age of 5
  • Are pregnant or breastfeeding
  • Are considered to be at nutritional risk; WIC uses 2 broad categories of risk (medical and diet based)
  • Have a family income less than WIC Income Guidelines
  • Those receiving HUSKY A health care or SNAP are automatically eligible for WIC

 What does WIC offer?

Meriden Office Hours:  Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - 8:00am-4:30pm.   Tuesday - 8:00am - 6:30pm. Holiday weeks the office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.

Phone: 203-630-4245

Email: Shelley Carpenter, WIC Program Coordinator   -  ctdphwic15@ct.gov

WIC is an equal opportunity program.  Persons who believe they have been discriminated against because of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability should write to the Secretary of Agriculture, USDA, Washington, D.C. 20250.