The Max E. Muravnick Meriden Senior Center is a safe and comfortable environment where we strive to empower older adults to thrive in our community.
As a multipurpose Senior Center, we are a community facility where older people can meet with one another to fulfill many of their social, physical, emotional and intellectual needs. Our Center is also a focal point for services to older persons which can enhance their dignity, support their independence, and encourage their involvement in the community. Meriden residents age 55 and over are eligible for free membership to the Meriden Senior Center.
Location: 22 West Main St., Meriden, CT 06451
Hours: Open 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Staff is available 8:00am - 4:30pm by phone.
Parking: Limited free parking is available on Hanover Street located behind the Center.
Staff and Contacts:
- Rick Liegl, Senior Affairs Administrator, 203-630-4701
- Liz Parra, Recreation Coordinator, 203-630-4703
- Melba Leary, Senior Center Program Assistant, 203-630-4707
- Irma Garcia, Clerk III, 203-630-4700
- Ruth Pedroso, Mini-Bus Dispatcher, 203-630-4702
- Natalie Gill, Social Services Worker, 203-630-4273
- Anthony Roldan, Community Services Worker/Renters Rebate, 203-630-4708
- VACANT, Meriden Transit, 203-630-4706
- Dining Room, 203-235-8052
Out of Town Medical Transportation - Rides to out of town medical appointments are provided by Senior Transportation Services. Contributions accepted, advance reservations required. Call 860-224-7117 for more information.
* Other Services and Information - Other programs housed and/or offered at the Senior Center include Medicare savings applications and assistance, Choices counseling, SNAP applications, AARP Income Tax Assistance, Veterans Service Center, AARP 55 Alive Driver Safety Program, Meriden Transit District, and the Renters Rebate Program (April 1 - September 30 only).
Inclement Weather Policy: The Senior Center follows the Meriden Board of Education closure policy in the event of inclement weather. If Meriden schools are closed due to snow, the Senior Center will be open but we will have limited programming, no transportation and no lunch. If this happens, "Meriden Senior Center - No Activities/No Transportation" will be posted on WFSB TV Channel 3 between 7:00am and 7:30am. In the event of a school delay, we run on a normal schedule, but please use your best judgement on whether it is safe to leave your house.
SENIOR CENTER PARTICIPANT HANDBOOK: This Handbook is a guide to our Center's guidelines and policies for all participants. If you have any questions regarding anything in this manual, please to not hesitate to ask the Senior Affairs Administrator. Printed copies are available at the Senior Center, 22 West Main Street.