School Health Services
Contact: Stephanie Denya, Associate Director of Health
School Health provides comprehensive services to students enrolled in Meriden’s public and non-public schools. Services are provided by Registered Nurses licensed by the State of Connecticut.
The program serves students in the Early Intervention Program and Pre-K through Grade 12 in collaboration with state-wide community resources, providing a healthful and safe school environment.
School Health Services include:
- State mandated screenings (i.e. vision, hearing, scoliosis)
- Emergency care and first aid
- Health education
- Special medical procedures (G-tube feeding, asthma management, diabetes care, etc.)
- Health maintenance/health counseling
- School and sports physical exams (middle and high school students)
- Physician and community resource referral.
Click here for the State of Connecticut Health Assessment Record form.
Click here for the Early Childhood Health Assessment Record form.
HUSKY Health Insurance Form.