Transfer Station

Can residents collect compost for personal use?

Yes. Compost is available to Meriden residents at no charge.

How is residency determined?

To use the Transfer Station, you must have a valid Connecticut driver's license with a Meriden address or a CT DMV Change of Address label or a paid tax bill showing Meriden residency.

Can I bring a U-Haul to the Transfer Station?

Yes. Proof of residence must be presented.

How can I safely dispose of waste oil?

Waste oil is accepted on Household Hazardous Waste days and at private facilities including TRADEBE, 136 Gracey Avenue in Meriden.

Is recycling collection being considered at the transfer station?

Not at this time. All residents are required by state law to recycle, and your hauler is required to provide recycling services.

Where can I safely dispose of old paint?

RW Hines / Ace Hardware – 231 Maple Avenue Cheshire, CT

PPG Paints – 320 Queen Street Southington, CT

Sherwin Williams – 405 Queen Street Southington, CT

Sherwin Williams – 927 North Colony Road Wallingford, CT

South Broad Paint Center – 1267 South Broad Street Wallingford, CT

Does the City offer curbside pickup?

No. All bulky waste and brush must be brought to the Transfer Station.