This section is for those individuals or groups that grow and harvest crops such as vegetables, fruit, berries, flowers and shrubs. The Meriden Farmers Market is committed to enabling the producers of CT Grown farm products to sell directly to customers. All farm products sold at the market must be grown or produced in Connecticut. WIC/Senior FMNP coupons will be accepted. In addition to fresh produce and other farm goods, there will be opportunities for local artisans and crafts people to sell their wares, along with refreshments and entertainment.
Our goal is to provide an interesting and diverse setting for people to purchase fresh, wholesome, locally produced foods, while experiencing other local talents and activities. The enhanced Farmers Market will be marketed through an extensive publicity program,
including newspaper articles and ads, signage, and Web based communications.
Farmers Market rents space for vendors and supplies a robust marketing effort. Vendors are responsible for adherence to all laws and regulations and providing insurance appropriate to their products. At the market, all vendors must have their company name and prices prominently displayed and provide their own tables, chairs and canopy. Other point of sale advertising is encouraged. This is a rain or shine market.
Dates: Saturday July 13 - October 19, 2024
Time: 8:30 AM to 12:00 noon
Place: The Meriden Green at Mill St. (between Pratt and State Streets)
Requirements for Farmers:
We welcome inquiries from interested farmers who think there might be a place for them at one of our markets. Indeed, the success of the markets depends heavily on the quality and variety of our vendors! The major requirements for farmers include:
- The Meriden Farmers Market is a "Producer Only" market at which farmers sell what they grow and other vendors sell what they themselves have produced. At least one person who is directly involved with production must attend every market, that is, someone who works on the farm.
- Liability Insurance requirements will be determined based on the nature of product for sale.
- WIC Certification is required for those vendors who are eligible.
- Call for fee information.
- Farmers are required to provide their own tables, chairs, shade covering, and any required heating and refrigeration.
Questions? Click here.