The Neighborhood Preservation Program was initiated in 1977 as an integral part of the City’s revitalization strategy. The program provides a variety of loans to qualified owners for housing rehabilitation. Interested property owners may be eligible if their residential structures are located within the designated strategy areas and sub-areas.
Programs administered through this Division include the Neighborhood Preservation Loan Program, the First Time Home Buyer Program, and the C.I.D.E.W.A.L.K. Program.
The goals of the program are:
- The recovery of inner-city neighborhoods through rehabilitation.
- Bring homes in the neighborhood up to housing, building, and fire safety code standards.
- Increase the stability and attractiveness of older residential neighborhoods.
- Enhance the quality of life.
The primary features of the program include:
- Home improvement loans
- Financial and technical assistance
- Code compliance inspections.
Loan Application Forms Tenant Verification Forms Employment / Social Security Income Verification Forms Lead Paint Notifications Programs, and Guideline Booklets can be obtained by contacting our office.