COVID-19 VACCINATION INFO and CLINICS
SCROLL DOWN FOR POP UP CLINIC OPPORTUNITIES!
The COVID-19 vaccine is safe, effective, and is widely available. There is no cost for the vaccine. Everyone 6 months of age or older is eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccination. Persons 6 months of age and older can get either the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine. The Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) vaccine is available under Emergency Use Authorization for those 18 years of age and older.
September 1, 2022: Booster Update: The FDA has authorized Moderna and Pfizer Bivalent COVID-19 vaccines for use as a booster dose. This is an "updated booster" that contains 2 messenger mRNA components of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, including the omicron variant. Read the announcement here.
Who will be eligible for the updated booster?
- Individuals 18 years of age and older are eligible for a single booster dose of the Moderna Bivalent COVID-19 Vaccine if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
- Individuals 12 years of age and older are eligible for a single booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech Bivalent COVID-19 Vaccine if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
Additional info on the new booster:
- The monovalent mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (the one currently being used that have the original strain only) is still safe and effective and should be administered for the primary series in individuals 6 months and older.
- Additionally, the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine remains authorized for administration of a single booster dose for individuals 5 through 11 years of age at least five months after completing a primary series of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Appointments for monovalent Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna boosters in people 12 years of age and older will be rescheduled for when locations have the bivalent COVID-19 vaccines available.
LOCAL VACCINATION OPPORTUNITIES:
Click here for a list of vaccination locations in Connecticut. Many locations do not require appointments; we recommend you call before going to ensure vaccine supply, what type of vaccine they are offering, what age group they are serving, and if appointments are required.
Midstate Medical Center (Hartford Healthcare):
MidState Medical Center Clinic, 435 Lewis Avenue, Meriden (12 and over only):
Thursdays and Friday, 8-11:30am (Pfizer) and 12:30-4:00pm (Moderna). They will have the new "updated" booster starting September 12.
CLICK HERE to make an appointment.
Community Health Center, Inc of Meriden: Meriden’s Community Health Center offers COVID-19 vaccination and boosters at 134 State Street on:
- Saturdays 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Sundays 10:00am – 2:00pm.
They offer both Pfizer and Moderna – and they have the new “updated” booster. They vaccinate those age 6 months and over. Wear clothing that is accessible for vaccination in the arm. No appointment needed.
Pop-Up Clinics in Meriden: The new updated booster is offered at these clinics.