The City of Meriden Highway Division collects curbside leaves free-of-charge for City residents usually starting the second week of November and lasting until mid-December
* Residents do not have to make appointments.
* Leaf collection typically occurs Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
* Only leaves in biodegradable bags weighing less than 50 pounds will be collected.
* The use of duct tape is not permitted.
* Leaves in plastic bags will not be collected.
* Woody brush is not collected. This may be delivered to the Transfer Station free of charge.
* The City does not collect leaves in the spring.
* Keep leaves, branches, rocks and other miscellaneous debris out of the street.
* Do not place leaves, trash or other debris into catch basins, storm inlets or watercourses.
The Transfer Station is open daily from November 1st to December 15th between 8:00 AM and 2:00 PM for the disposal of leaves and brush. Only leaves and brush will be accepted outside of normal transfer station hours.