Business Complaint Reporting

Complaints that businesses are not adhering to the Executive Orders and/or Reopen Connecticut Sector Rules are to be lodged by calling 211 or by calling the responsible City agency directly. 

  1. Contact the City Health Department at 203-630-4226 for complaints associated with Public Health Facilities (hair salons, barbershops, beauty shops, nail salons, spas, tattoo or piercing establishments, restaurants, eating establishments, private clubs, or any locations licensed for on-premise consumption of alcohol).
  2. Contact the City Fire Marshal at 203-537-1329 for all other businesses.

The 211 complaints will be referred to either the Public Health Director or the Fire Marshal.  The business will then be contacted and informed of the complaint, educated as to how the issue may be corrected, and advised that a second complaint may result in the complete closure of the business until that business has abated the nuisance by complying with the Executive Orders and/or Sector Rules.