Meriden Library Page Source: Tax Information 2021 (meridenlibrary.org)
HRA will be providing FREE Income Tax Preparation assistance this year with COVID-19 restrictions. All sites are NOT open to the general public. Customers may choose to file their return with one of the two methods below:
Virtual VITA Method: Customers can submit documents electronically through our secure Virtual VITA program.
Call today to schedule an appointment (860-356-2000). Appointments begin February 1, 2021. Click here to schedule an appointment.
- Preparation and filing of annual tax returns by IRS-certified volunteers. All volunteers must be certified in Standards of Conduct (Ethics) and Current Tax Law along with other IRS required training. Training is updated annually.
- Free of charge service to families and individuals whose total household income is $69,000 or less.
All information is kept strictly confidential.
Bring to Your Appointment:
- Photo identification or Valid driver’s license
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer ID Number(s) for all household members
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and your dependents
- Wage and earning statement(s) forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from all banks (Form 1099)
- Forms 1095 A, B or C, Affordable Care Act Statements
- Copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit (blank check or a letter from your bank)
- Other relevant information:
- Receipts from child care providers, with provider’s identifying number
- Education expenses and student loan information
- List of all business income and expenses, if applicable
- Married taxpayers filing a joint return: both spouses must be present to sign required forms